DONGKAL LAVA CAKE
Utterly glad Independence Day Indonesia🇮🇩 and as well as Utterly glad Birthday to my dad!
the nation the place i was born and raised. I’m pretty proud to say that i’m Indonesian. On account of, Indonesia has loads of pretty seashores, delicious meals all through.
As i’ve knowledgeable you sooner than, definitely considered one of my favorite Indonesian Meals is Jajanan Pasar. This one is definitely considered one of them, although it’s laborious to look out one who promote this one.
Presenting to you Dongkal or Dodongkal, a typical meals from Betawi. it’s made out of rice flour, shredded coconut (modern) and palm/coconut sugar.
Actually the reason why i make this proper right into a lava, is on account of i was impressed by present disaster in Indonesia, the place the sleeping magnificence, Merapi Mountain, currently vigorous. it’s saddening and horrifying.
120 gr rice flour
120 gr modern shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp water
as many as shredded coconut sugar you desired
1. steam rice flour for 15 minutes
2. mix rice flour, coconut, salt and water. no wish to make use of loads of water, as we solely want it to be considerably damp
3. in your cake mould, put the flour batter, DO NOT PRESS it, because it ought to hardened as a result of it steam.
4. add shredded coconut sugar
5. add one different flour batter to cowl the coconut sugar.
6. Steam for 30-45 minutes